Hearing Loss quotes

• Silk Road to Ruin has all the analysis and it's structured very well. I rely on my notes more and I use direct quotes. But there's nothing like writing about it right away.

• Everything I've written is personal - it's the only way I know how to write.

• My god will wipe this country (America) from the face of the earth.

• [F]or women, like tradesmen, draw in the injudicious to buy their goods by the high value they themselves set upon them.... They endeavor strongly to fix in the minds of their enamoratos their own high value, and then contrive as much as possible to make them believe that they have so many purchasers at hand that the goods--if they do not make haste--will all be gone.

• Out of perfection nothing can be made. Every process involves breaking something up. The earth must be broken to bring forth life. If the seed does not die there is no plant. Bread results from the death of wheat. Life lives on lives. Our own life lives on the acts of other people. If you are lifeworthy, you can take it.

• I'm trying to create the world around myself to be a place of as much equality and openheartedness as possible.

• Prayer does not influence God. Prayer surely does influence God. It does not influence His purpose. It does influence His action.

• Conscience is merely our own judgment of the right or wrong of our actions, and so can never be a safe guide unless enlightened by the word of God.

• I've been lucky to have made a number of travel programmes with the BBC, the object being to see places off the beaten track. As a result, I've often had a guide who's been able to show me things that you wouldn't see with a tour group.

• We are turning our prisons into living tombs, inhabited by doomed men living in everlasting blank despair.