Dead People quotes

• A person's willingness to conform to arbitrary parameters is not a good criterion for selecting talent or allocating rewards.

• Snow always inspires such awe in me. Just consider one tiny snowflake alone, so delicate, so fragile, so ethereal. And yet, let a billion of them come together through the majestic force of nature, they can screw up a whole city.

• The thing that's nice about pregnancy is that in the end, you have a baby.

• What it means among other things is the more we learn about the nature of the universe, the nature of creation...if we're not updating what we mean by God...what we mean by the gospel, we're going to have outdated, misleading and actually trivial understandings of those.

• An article on playwrights in the Daily Mail , listed according to Hard Left, Soft Left, Hard Right, Soft Right and Centre. I am not listed. I should probably come under Soft Centre.

• Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.

• The young should not think of themselves as immature and the elderly need not view themselves as feeble. Our minds control our bodies. Have no age, transcend both past and future, and enter into naka-ima-the "eternal present".

• I believe that the science of chemistry alone almost proves the existence of an intelligent creator.

• Writing is like going to bed with a beautiful woman and afterwards she gets up, goes to her purse and gives me a handful of money.

• For misdirected love, the attainment of its object is, indeed, the best cure; but it cures as the guillotine cures headache.