Vistas quotes

• Age does not depend upon years, but upon temperament and health. Some men are born old, and some never grow so.

• I think the next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it.

• There’s plenty that poetry cannot do, but the miracle, of course, is how much it can do, how much it does do.

• African American women in particular have incredible buying power. Statistically, we go to the movies more than anyone. We have made Tyler Perrys career. His films open with $25 million almost consistently.

• There's really no reason to rehash something that you've already seen.

• Holy writing must strive (by all means) for perfection and true holiness, that a door may be opened to him in heaven.

• I do not believe that I'm sacrificing, in fact I feel very uneasy when others used the word sacrifice to describe my life. It sounds like I'm demanding returns for my investments. I chose to walk on this journey, because I solely believed in it and wholeheartedly decided to do so, and I'm willing and able to pay for the consequences...

• Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice. It demands greater heroism than war. It demands greater fidelity to the truth and a much more perfect purity of conscience.

• He who commits a wrong will himself inevitably see the writing on the wall, though the world may not count him guilty.

• You really don't have a life when you're working. I always think "oh, I'm gonna see everybody on my days off. I'm gonna read so many books and see so many films" and then three months go by...