Outsourcing quotes

• I can pretty much spend an entire week talking about how the writing process works, to be honest! It can really vary from project to project and is often dependent on when you're brought on board, the genre, the platform and the narrative desires of the project.

• Risk means more things can happen than will happen.

• The national debate on health-care reform wildly misses the mark, with Democrats and Republicans alike arguing about who's going to pay rather than about what would actually make people healthy.

• Employment is nature's physician, and is essential to human happiness.

• Not only must a warrior be strong with his bow, but he must have a heart full of pity for all living creatures.

• Botany is the art of insulting flowers in Greek and Latin.

• I knew my interest in the universe and I owned a telescope that I bought with money I earned by walking dogs. 50 cents per walk, per dog, and that accumulated quickly. I bought a camera, a telescope. I taught myself astrophotography. I did all this.

• When the first emperor wanted to unify the country, one of the major policies was to create one system of written signs. By force, brutal force, he eliminated all the other scripts. One script became the official script. All the others were banned. And those who used other scripts were punished severely. And then the meanings of all the characters, over the centuries, had to be kept uniform as a part of the political apparatus. So from the very beginning the written word was a powerful political tool.

• Not to love is to cease to live.

• For the most part, quantum theory has been of little practical value in my life.