Torts quotes

• Isn't it curious that narrow-minded people are often the most thickheaded?

• Essentially, whoever is successful, whoever is going to do things that make a difference, is going to be talked about.

• The great news is that overwhelmingly far more than adults, youth already care about the environment. Young people are recognizing that we have largely made a mess of things with respect to the environment [and] that the burden to fix it will fall on them.

• All strangers and beggars are from Zeus, and a gift, though small, is precious.

• Creation is dominated by three absolutely different factors: First, nature, which works upon us by its laws; second, the artist, who creates a spiritual contact with nature and his materials; third, the medium of expression through which the artist translates his inner world.

• Drama is like a dream, it is not real, but it is really felt.

• All death in nature is birth, and at the moment of death appears visibly the rising of life. There is no dying principle in nature, for nature throughout is unmixed life, which, concealed behind the old, begins again and develops itself. Death as well as birth is simply in itself, in order to present itself ever more brightly and more like to itself.

• [On sex:] ... the total deprivation of it produces irritability.

• Great goals make great people. People cannot hit what they do not aim for.

• The premise of my whole campaign has been not that people need to believe what I say to them, but they need to look at what I have done. And what I have done in the state of Nevada, I have voted over a 100 times against tax and fee increases, poor public policy, and unconstitutional bills.