Trust Your Intuition quotes

• Sometimes he tried too hard to make sense of the world, to figure out why people were bad to each other so often.

• One of the pleasures of being an actor is quite simply taking a walk in someone else's shoes. And when I look at the roles I've played, I'm kind of amazed at all the wonderful adventures I've had and the different things I've learned.

• Sometimes he spent hours together in the great libraries of Paris, those catacombs of departed authors, rummaging among their hoards of dusty and obsolete works in quest of food for his unhealthy appetite. He was, in a manner, a literary ghoul, feeding in the charnel-house of decayed literature.

• I'll mix a lot of things. I'll wear a Temperley dress with flip flops, or I might be in head-to-toe Gucci and have on a ring that I got from a gumball machine for 50 cents.

• I don't go to the movies because they scare me. I don't like anything that is suspenseful, even pleasantly so.

• I get really bored if I don't have more than one thing going on.

• Creation myths are not about the origins of the world at all, but about the origins of patriarchy which has claimed itself as the world

• God grant ... that he may learn to understand in time, that whoso is minded to do as he himself wills will soon enough see the day when he will find he has done that which he had never willed.

• Dear America, I suppose we should introduce ourselves: We're South Louisiana...You probably already know that we talk funny and listen to strange music and eat things you'd probably hire an exterminator to get out of your yard. We dance even if there's no radio. We drink at funerals. We talk too much and laugh too loud and live too large and, frankly,we're suspicious of others who don't.

• Content is more than 'subject matter.' It is all the feelings and ideas you bring to your painting.