Equanimity quotes

• Besides, if you are who you claim to be, that makes you my true queen. Therefore, you have my loyalty.

• That's something Mary Lou Williams used to tell me: If you're not feeling right about what you're doing and you play a minor tune it all comes back, falls into place. I don't know if that's true, but I do it.

• I hardly think a girl is much of a threat. I presume you searched her for weapons? But if she attempts to suffocate me with her straw mattress, I promise to call out for help.

• My father used to say that, through culture, humans effectively domesticated themselves.

• Whether conservative or liberal, fundamentalist or agnostic, the more students learn of biology, the more they accept evolution.

• On politics I strive as much as possible to let my passions be for God and for the Church and for others (the Jesus Creed). I place no confidence in redemption by way of politics. The political hope ebbs and flows every 8 years now; I don't get all riled up if a Republican or a Democrat wins; I don't think it matters that much to what we are called to do on a daily basis.

• As I've said before, and I still hold to, I truly am the most boring person alive. And if there was a great investigation to be found at the end of the resume, it would be, the most boring person alive.

• Walking is the favorite sport of the good and wise.

• The mood of the 80s - Get what you can, can what you get, and sit on the can.

• We have federal standards for everything in America except the one thing you need most - your health.