Zuma quotes

• L.A. is still such a fascinating place to me, so big and diverse. It's so spread out that you can go from Zuma to downtown and there's really like 10 different towns in between.
    -- Dylan McDermott

#Zuma #Different #Downtown

• People tend to try to find something to talk about Zuma. My surname is very nice and simple. Very simple, so they like pronouncing it all the time. So what's the problem?
    -- Jacob Zuma

#Nice #Simple #Zuma

• Jacob Zuma built a 2 million rand swimming pool, but no one in the family knows how to swim
    -- Julius Malema

#Swimming #Zuma #Pool

• Even if Zuma was to develop the authoritarian impulses of a Mugabe, he would be checked—not least by his own party, which set a continental precedent by ousting Thabo Mbeki in 2007, after it felt he had outstayed his welcome by seeking a third term as party president. The ANC appears to have set itself against that deathtrap of African democracy: the ruler for life.
    -- Mark Gevisser

#Party #Zuma #President

• There is one key area in which Zuma has made no attempt at reconciliation whatsoever: criminal justice and security. The ministers of justice, defence, intelligence (now called 'state security' in a throwback to both apartheid and the ANC's old Stalinist past), police and communications are all die-hard Zuma loyalists. Whatever their line functions, they will also play the role they have played so ably to date: keeping Zuma out of court—and making sure the state serves Zuma as it once did Mbeki.
    -- Mark Gevisser

#Communication #Past #Zuma

• Conflict is just another chance for agreement.

• I wasn't putting too much emphasis on it (the booing). I think that you have to put it behind you.

• Prostitution is criminal, and bad things happen because it's run illegally by dirt-bags who are criminals. If it's legal, then the girls could have health checks, unions, benefits, anything any other worker gets, and it would be far better.

• My parents are from a whole different culture. My parents are from small-town Louisiana. It's like, if it walk like a duck, talk like a duck, then it's a duck. And if you ain't quacking, you ain't no duck.

• They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.

• I can't bring myself to trust you. But even if you were to betray me, and even if you were to become my enemy... would it be okay for me to love? Could you... let me love you?

• Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

• On the film sets of 'New Moon' and 'Eclipse,' I feel safe. It's like you're in the center of the hurricane, but outside is where it starts to get chaotic.

• We don't know our ***** from a hole in the ground.

• My daughter is very strong-willed and is a great kid. She doesn't drink. She doesn't smoke. She doesn't fold to peer pressure. I think how affectionate my wife and I have been with her over the years all plays into that. She realizes the more people she is exposed to that kids who have both parents around grow up to be much better people.