Zola quotes

• Zola Budd: so small, so waif-like, you literally can't see her. But there she is
    -- Alan Parry

#Zola #Like You

• Gianfranco Zola once sent Gary Pallister the wrong way to such an extent that he needed a ticket to get back in.
    -- Alex Ferguson

#Way #Tickets #Zola

• Like so many of the current Chelsea team, Zola is unique.
    -- Barry Venison

#Team #Unique #Zola

• I started performing opera when I was 10 years old. I didn't perform as Zola Jesus until I was probably 18.
    -- Zola Jesus

#Jesus #Years #Zola

• Translators who choose to work on canonized writers can usually lean on an extensive critical apparatus around either the author or the book in question, especially in the case of writers like [Honore] Balzac and [Emil] Zola.
    -- Andre Naffis-Sahely

#Book #Zola #Cases

• Part of me would just like to relax and have one job that pays me the amount I need to survive. And another part of me wants the creativity that comes out of struggle and frustration and fear. It's a never-ending cycle, which must be how I want it, on some level.

• Happiness and well-being are actually best regarded as skills.

• Saying spirituality cannot exist without religion is like saying hamburgers cannot exist without McDonald's.

• I think there is a part of me that's always a little bit like, "Why would I torture myself? Just in case you forgot how big the shoes are you're walking in, take a look again"

• However low a man sinks he never reaches the level of the police.

• I'm not always in that good with middle-aged heterosexual men.

• To the best of my recollection, I became a philosopher because my parents wanted me to become a lawyer. It seems to me, in retrospect, that there was much to be said for their suggestion. On the other hand, many philosophers are quite good company; the arguments they use are generally better than the ones that lawyers use; and we do get to go to as many faculty meetings as we like at no extra charge.

• I sabotage myself for fear of what my bigness could do.

• I open events for museums and I do charity work and photography.

• The integrative tendencies of the individual operate through the mechanisms of empathy, sympathy, projection, introjection, identification, worship- all of which make him feel that he is a part of some larger entity which transcends the boundaries of the individual self. This psychological urge to belong, to participate, to commune is as primary and real as its opposite. The all-important question is the nature of that higher entity of which the individual feels himself a part.