Enhancement quotes

• After the design is firmly fixed, the decoration is added. Decorating is the final enhancement.
    -- Albert Hadley

#Design #Finals #Enhancement

• In the case of European towns, the passing of centuries provides an enhancement; in the case of American towns, the passing of years brings degeneration. It is not simply that they have been newly built; they were built so as to be renewable as quickly as they were put up, that is, badly.
    -- Claude Levi-Strauss

#Years #Enhancement #Towns

• We give our kids vaccinations. That's a biological enhancement that's considered not just acceptable but actually admirable.
    -- Francis Collins

#Kids #Giving #Enhancement

• Communications devices were always used to effect change, to effect revolution. Telephone, telegraph - these all seemed like very big enhancements at the time.
    -- Gary Shteyngart

#Communication #Enhancement #Telephones

• There seems to be a contradiction in the fact that there's more music around and more channels or downloading music or more channels on TV, and yet at the same time, in some ways it doesn't seem to be as vital as it once was. It seems to be just another entertainment option or lifestyle enhancement aid or something.
    -- Jarvis Cocker

#Way #Enhancement #Facts

• If you could bring to me a majority of people to say that we're going to have $10 of spending cuts for $1 of revenue enhancement, put me in, coach.
    -- Jeb Bush

#Cutting #People #Enhancement

• Literature is not a picture of life, but is a separate experience with its own kind of flow and enhancement.
    -- William Stafford

#Enhancement #Literature #Flow

• Instead of plastic surgery, I'd rather have a height enhancement surgery.
    -- L.Joe

#Height #Enhancement #Plastic

• In North America, the medium-to-large publishers are generally confining investment to enhancements, upgrades and opportunities for incremental capacity and efficiency improvements, while among the smaller newspapers, there continues to be interest in systems that can provide a significant boost in production capabilities.
    -- Eric Bell

#Opportunity #America #Enhancement

• I feel the same way about every album. I think it's better than the one before. I have a strong feeling that you can't put out a record until you hate the last one you did because you have to make it better.

• Luxury is the income tax of vanity. But it is so pleasant.

• Projective geometry has opened up for us with the greatest facility new territories in our science, and has rightly been called the royal road to our particular field of knowledge.

• I never have taken a picture I've intended. They're always better or worse.

• We live in a world where joy is possible, love is possible, happiness is possible; where all things are possible, if we're willing to take the time, take a chance, take a breath and step off the edge of everything that is for the sake of everything that might be.

• The people who could do most to improve the situation of so many women and children are in fact, men,

• If you think about it, candidate Obama, Sen. Obama, was running on sort of long-run economic issues, like restoring prosperity to the middle class, dealing with the perennial problem of health care in the United States. He talked a lot about the budget deficit, about the need to transition to clean energy.

• I think differently, I think it's about reaching everybody on every different plane and every different level, and if I could remix the song and do a dance remix, that's great. If I could do a classical version, that'll be great too. It's all just about expression.

• I always wear a dinner jacket. I never have this definition of what goes for the morning or the evening or what works for the weekend.

• It is a testament to the fundamental honesty of football that Israel, with nothing to play for, overcame Russia in Tel Aviv on Saturday. The sport has its faults, but this basic trust is the reason Wembley holds 80,000 and could take more and the track and field venue for the London Olympics will be reduced after the event to the same capacity as the home of Wigan Athletic.