Unchangeable quotes

• I have always liked clothes - throughout my life, my saving grace has been my own vanity.

• Plant now the roses of Hope, Love, Promise, God Consciousness, and the Glory of your Soul.

• It's now much more 50-50 in favour of Everton.

• I question the premise that digital is necessarily the enemy of traditional media. In many ways, it presents us with enormous opportunities.

• Yes, last year we hit a record number of murders from guns [in Chicago]. And this year we are already outpacing last year's numbers. Now, there are contributing factors that are not under anybody's control and may seem odd, but it is factually true. One of them is actually the weather. There is a dramatic increase in gun violence when it is warmer. And we are having this climate change effect that is driving that.

• The response is to the image, not to the man, since 99 percent of the voters have no contact with the man.

• Thou shalt have one God only: who Would be at the expense of two?

• We are bound to expire. Even metal which is sturdiest, rusts. Even oxygen, the breath of life, soon transpires.

• Make me remember you like you remember me

• Our prevailing system of management has destroyed our people. People are born with intrinsic motivation, self-respect, dignity, curiosity to learn, joy in learning. The forces of destruction begin with toddlers - a prize for the best Halloween costume, grades in school, gold stars - and on up through the university. On the job people, teams, and divisions are ranked, reward for the top, punishment for the bottom. Management by Objectives, quotas, incentive pay, business plans, put together separately, division by division, cause further loss, unknown and unknowable.