Old And Wise quotes

• Truth is the vital breath of Beauty; Beauty the outward form of Truth.

• Well, I suppose I'm interested in ways of storytelling and in stories that are about storytelling.

• I don't call myself a singer, I'm a voice, lent to music

• You have to stop worrying about looking foolish, 'cause fear of being humiliated really limits you.

• Somehow, the fact that more poor people are on welfare, receiving more generous payments, does not seem to have made this country a nice place to live - not even for the poor on welfare, whose condition seems not noticeably better than when they were poor and off welfare. Something appears to have gone wrong; a liberal and compassionate social policy has bred all sorts of unanticipated and perverse consequences.

• You learn how to persevere... to have discipline, you learn to lose, you learn to win, you learn how to not quit.

• If you look at history, innovation doesn't come just from giving people incentives; it comes from creating environments where their ideas can connect.

• When I'm not at the keyboard, I'm generally reading, practicing tai chi or middle eastern dance, or cooking.

• You know what it takes to win. Just look at my fist. When I make a fist, it's strong and you can't tear it apart. As long as there's unity, there's strength. We must become so close with the bonds of loyalty and sacrifice, so deep with the conviction of the sole purpose, that no one, no group, no thing, can ever tear us apart.

• Heat can never pass from a colder to a warmer body without some other change, connected therewith, occurring at the same time.