Oil Painting quotes

• If I ever write a book on "How True Is the Bible?" I'll have to start out by saying that archaeology is not the way to find out; that it has very little to say.

• Thunder blossoms gorgeously above our heads, Great, hollow, bell-like flowers

• We have faith in the photograph not only because it works on a physically descriptive level, but in a broader sense because it confirms our sense of omnipresence as well as the validity of the material world.

• Sith Nature thus gave her the praise, To be the chiefest work she wrought, In faith, methink, some better ways On your behalf might well be sought, Than to compare, as ye have done, To match the candle with the sun.

• I believe that we must understand the economy of the situation.

• The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become.

• You can't ride the chairlift and call yourself Edmund Hillary.

• I can't even spell spaghetti never mind talk Italian. How could I tell an Italian to get the ball - he might grab mine.

• Out of anger comes controversy, out of controversy comes conversation, out of conversation comes action.

• Religion may be defined thus: a belief in, and homage rendered to, existences unseen and causes unknown.