Kegs quotes

• Incendiary capitalism is carrying its out evil works more dangerously than ever, and is doing so in the increasingly dangerous neighborhood of the powder kegs that are the great European military powers.
    -- Karl Liebknecht

#Military #Evil #Kegs

• How close beneath the surface, even in the happiest family, is the chronic grievance! I sometimes think that tinderboxes are inert and powder kegs mere talcum compared to the explosive possibilities in the most commoplace domestic situation.
    -- Margaret Halsey

#Thinking #Kegs #Sometimes

• In the future if my mother tries to shame me with her disapproval, I will let her know in no uncertain terms that I reject her and all of her codependent baggage. I am Codependent No More.

• Wars produce warlike societies, which in turn make the world more dangerous for other societies, which are thus recruited into being war-prone themselves.

• Ideas must be put to the test. That's why we make things; otherwise they would be no more than ideas. There is often a huge difference between an idea and its realization. I've had what I thought were great ideas that just didn't work.

• nature has not changed. The night is still unsullied, the stars still twinkle, and the wild thyme smells as sweetly now as it did then ... We may be afflicted and unhappy, but no one can take from us the sweet delight which is nature's gift to those who love her and her poetry.

• I have a very well organized closet.

• I love Taxi Driver. When I saw it the first time, I didn't understand it, but I loved it because I thought the guy was really cool when he's talking to himself in the mirror.

• Edwards recalled that he once planned to coach until he was 60 as he signed an extension to his contract. I was about 62 before I ever remembered that's what I had set up. . . . Now I'm already making plans for next year and recruiting. That's the reason for this. I just feel good right now.

• I love soccer; I want to be on the field.

• You can always look back and see where you might have done something differently, changed this or that. If you can learn something, fine, but never second-guess yourself. It's wasted effort.... Does worrying about it, complaining about it, change it? Nope, it just wastes your time. And if you complain about it to other people, you're also wasting their time. Nothing is gained by wasting all of that time.

• Like living creatures, automobiles expired when their environment became saturated with their own excreta. We ourselves are living creatures. We don't want the same to happen to us.