Our Wedding quotes

• The experienced fighting pilot does not take unnecessary risks. His business in to shoot down enemy planes, not to get shot down. His trained hand and eye and judgment are as much a part of his armament as his machinegun, and a fiftyfifty chance is the worst he will take or should take except where the show is of the kind that . . . justifies the sacrifice of plane or pilot.

• Libraries are a consistent and major source of books for free reading.

• My goal in 'Live to Cook' is to make great food more approachable for home cooks.

• When you have passion and commitment, you don't need a complex plan. Your plan is your life is your dream.

• I have never taken myself that seriously as an actor.

• Why’s the faerie so obsessed with you anyway? You’re not that cute.” (Arianna to Evie)

• That's what I love about acting, you get to find little pieces of yourself in every character you play.

• The people of Halifax also invented the harmonium, a device for castrating pigs during Sunday service.

• Yes," he said. "I am sure. I double-checked everything after you went home yesterday. I even made a few improvements, just in case." The first part of that reassured her. The second part... not so much. "What kind of improvements?" "Oh, nothing, really. Mostly just streamlining. You really did very well; I certainly don't want you to think that I am one of those people who has to be in control all the- Oh, well, I suppose that's actually true- I do have to be in control all the time. But only because I am in charge, of course.

• Everything else can wait, but the search for God cannot wait.