Branching Out quotes

• To learn to live from the heart it doesn't just change our feeling about life, it actually changes our life.

• A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe.

• Some people say I've got a five-octave range, which is ridiculous. That would mean I'd sing like Mariah Carey or that alien in 'The Fifth Element.' And I'm nothing like that blue alien. I've got a range of about 3 1/2 octaves.

• I haven't had a problem with being typecast, but if I was only getting one type of role, I wouldn't mind. What I'm worried about is not working.

• A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

• After a subsequent interview at Brooklyn Poly, I was hired, and life as a fully independent researcher began.

• Any writer would rather dig into character than dig into fancy plots.

• Do not let great ambitions overshadow small success.

• The spirit of science is not to prejudge, but to give any honest query a fair shake.

• I feel for young people today. When I came out of law school, yes, we were broke, we had kids, we had problems. But it was straightforward. I didn't have to say, "My God, I am $80,000 in debt, I have to get a job, I have to pay it back, my life is ruined otherwise." We were able to go forward and work toward building something new, and that's what we did. Today many lawyers are unable to feel free to be advocates.