Venting quotes

• All emotions are the ore from which poetry may be sifted.

• Copies have been dethroned; the economic model built on them is collapsing. In a regime of superabundant free copies, copies are no longer the basis of wealth. Now relationships, links, connections, and sharing are. Value has shifted away from a copy toward the many ways to recall, annotate, personalize, edit, authenticate, display, mark, transfer, and engage a work. Art is a conversation, not a patent office. The citation of sources belongs to the realms of journalism and scholarship, not art. Reality can’t be copyrighted.

• Sometimes when I hear commentating, it's sickening. People who never played the game, people who never played in the league have an opinion, and that's all it is. You are here to educate the watcher or the viewer. Sometimes it comes off as personal. I don't ever want to come off like that. My opinion is my opinion about someone.

• If you don't have the willpower to stop eating carbs, you won't have the willpower to do a dissertation. #truth.

• I'm in love with boxing. It fell into my lap and I have been in love with it ever since.

• The power is in the balance: we are our injuries, as much as we are our successes.

• I don't know that I'd necessarily want to see into the future. I don't want to know what's happening next.

• Like I said, when all of that goes away and you just completely lose yourself in the fantasy of it, then that's usually when I walk out of the theatre or turn off the television and just go: "That was brilliant!"

• History makes the point time and time again No greater mischief can be created than to merge the power of religion with the power of government.

• I grew up flying over oceans and moving and sailing.