Copycats quotes

• Charity wins awards and applause, but joining the poor gets you killed.  People do not get crucified for charity.  People are crucified for living out a love that disrupts the social order, that calls forth a new world.  People are not crucified for helping poor people.  People are crucified for joining them.

• If the beat gets to the audience, and the message touches them, you've got a hit.

• As I have said before, dancing is for anyone, but not for everyone.

• Respect is the key determinant of high performance leadership. How much people respect you determines how well they perform.

• People stay married because they want to, not because the doors are locked.

• There’s a place inside of you where you can retreat and enjoy perfect stillness.

• I was still very invested in the team, very invested in how we were doing. I realized I needed to take a step back and start focusing on myself, my head and my eye, try to get my health back.

• Good communication is not just data transfer. You need to show people something that addresses their anxieties, that accepts their anger, that is credible in a very gut-level sense, and that evokes faith in the vision.

• The FHA's success provides strong evidence that government can and should play a role in the nation's mortgage finance system. It also demonstrates that although government intervention in the economy during the Great Recession was messy, things would have been a lot messier without it.

• I'm an old-timer in the business from the sense that when you do something that you feel good about there might be another person out there who feels the same way, or a hundred or a couple million.