Pharaohs quotes

• You can be a pharaoh. Like, a pharaoh means, that which you will become.
    -- Jaden Smith

#Mean #Pharaohs

• Anyone who makes the life of Jewish people difficult or grievous, as did the Pharaoh, as did Hitler, will be cursed by God.
    -- John Hagee

#People #Pharaohs #Difficult

• Identity is not found, the way Pharaoh's daughter found Moses in the bulrushes. Identity is built.
    -- Margaret Halsey

#Daughter #Identity #Pharaohs

• Revolution does have to be violent precisely because the Pharaoh won't let you go. If the Pharaoh would let you go, the revolution won't have to be violent.
    -- Michael Hardt

#Pharaohs #Revolution #Doe

• ...Khufu who is believed to have been the pharaoh who commissioned the building of the great pyramid at Giza.
    -- Michael Tsarion

#Pyramids #Khufu #Pharaohs

• The alchemist of the West has turned stone into glass But my alchemy has transmuted glass into flint Pharaohs of today have stalked me in vain
    -- Muhammad Iqbal

#Glasses #Alchemist #Pharaohs

• The notion that the great artist requires a great patron has been around since the Pharaohs. That the born patron also needs an artist to patronize is a less-studied phenomenon.
    -- Shana Alexander

#Artist #Pharaohs #Needs

• My diagnosis," he said "for better or worse, is that your son is the result of an old pharaoh's curse.
    -- Tim Burton

#Son #Pharaohs #Diagnosis

• Sabbath, in the first instance, is not about worship. It is about work stoppage. It is about withdrawal from the anxiety system of Pharaoh, the refusal to let one’s life be defined by production and consumption and the endless pursuit of private well-being.
    -- Walter Brueggemann

#Anxiety #Pharaohs #Firsts

• There were many Americans in the Revolutionary era who believed that they, like the children of Israel, were oppressed by their colonial rulers, and they looked to God for deliverance from the tyranny of their pharaoh, George III.
    -- Daniel L Dreisbach

#Children #Israel #Pharaohs