Hoboken quotes

• Hoboken is a neat place.
    -- Daniel Pinkwater

#Hoboken #Neat

• No, he was no such charlatan-- Count de Hoboken Flash-in-the-Pan-- Full of gasconade and bravado, But a regular, rich Don Rataplane, Santa Claus de la Muscavado, Senor Grandissimo Bastinado! His was the rental of half Havana And all Matanzas; and Santa Ana, Rich as he was, could hardly hold A candle to light the mines of gold Our Cuban owned.
    -- Edmund Clarence Stedman

#Light #Gold #Hoboken

• Every writer knows that when you're imitating somebody - you know, you're sounding like Faulkner - you're doing pretty good, but your life in Hoboken isn't Faulkneresque.
    -- George Saunders

#Hoboken

• I think that the relationship between two top-level athletes who are rivals is one of the most fascinating human relationships to explore. It's always one atom away from being a tragedy.

• Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

• Machida is not a bad guy; he's a victim of the brazilian education system. There are better ways to get electrolytes than drinking piss.

• Tape allows for a clean sweep of data that simply doesn't need to be on any form of disk but still needs to be kept. The cost and capacity of tape makes these 'just in case' copies very affordable.

• Home is the place that goes where you go, yet it welcomes you upon your return. Like a dog overjoyed at the door. We've missed you is what you hear, no matter how long you've been gone.

• For every worry under the sun, there is a remedy or there is none. If there be one, hurry and find it. If there be none, then never mind it.

• In forward bends, one uses the outer mind while in backbends the outer mind is silenced and the inner mind is made to work.

• The experiencing self lives its life continuously. It has moments of experience, one after the other.

• Today the patent office is obsolete. You just take whatever you do, tool up, and start production for six months. At the end of the six months you put the data on all the computer inputs all over the world and you got your business. You can make all your money, and then people can steal it, but by then it doesn't matter because you've made the money up front and you avoid wasting money in lawsuits. [My father] had all these kinds of ideas years ahead of others.

• I may be revered or defamed and decried; But I tried to live my life right.