Uncaring quotes

• Are we alone in an uncaring universe, or is God some kind of wiseguy?
    -- Matt Groening

#Kind #Uncaring #Universe

• I shut myself off to make life bearable. I'm like a damn machine sometimes. Unfeeling. Uncaring. Emotionless.
    -- Monica Murphy

#Machines #Sometimes #Uncaring

• Without God we are but bruised reeds, ever threatened by the prospect of being crushed by life’s uncaring millstone. Without God we are nothing, our lives worthless, our days an endless circular tread. Without God we stand condemned, doomed to a life without the precious gift of hope.
    -- T. Davis Bunn

#Reeds #Endless #Uncaring

• I live in a beautiful part of the world - western New Hampshire along the Baker River - and my family and I spend a lot of time outdoors.

• I am no theologian. I would not be surprised, however, if Heaven proved to be a cozy kitchen, where delicious treats appeared in the oven and in the refrigerator whenever you wanted them, and where the cupboards were full of good books.

• I crossed the room, and what you did was to feel my hair over and over again and in different ways, touch it, with the palm of your hand... felt it, strands of hair, with your fingers, touched it as if it were cloth, the way a child touches its favorite surfaces.

• It's hard being quiet when one's imagination is so loud

• We were language's magpies by nature, stealing whatever sounded bright and shiny.

• I idolised bands like Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins, who wanted to reach as many people as they could.

• What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it - would you be likely to give them another? Life is the same way. In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have.

• It will make the Tea Party look like a tea party.

• Since there is no single set of abilities running throughout human nature, there is no single curriculum which all should undergo. Rather, the schools should teach everything that anyone is interested in learning.

• Wherever you go in the midst of movement and activity, carry your stillness with you. Then the chaotic movement around you will never overshadow your access to the reservoir of creativity, the field of pure potentiality.