Ephesians quotes

• The aspiring youth that fired the Ephesian domeOutlives in fame the pious fool that rais'd it.
    -- Colley Cibber

#Ephesians #Fool #Youth

• I wasn't a bad person who needed to become good...I was DEAD and needed to be brought to life! (Ephesians 2:1-10)
    -- Perry Noble

#Ephesians #Needed #Persons

• Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
    -- Unknown

#Forgiving God #Ephesians #Be Kind

• Ephesians 3:20 says that God is able to do "exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think." And I'm praying that Ephesians 3:20 will be fulfilled-in my life personally, and also in the church.
    -- Cliff Barrows

#Thinking #Church #Ephesians

• Remember...that you are redeemed of the Lord [Ephesians 1:7]-that you are bought with a price [1 Corinthians 6:20], even the inestimable price of the precious blood of the Son of God...Acquaint yourselves with Him in His word and holy ordinances.
    -- William Samuel Johnson

#Son #Blood #Ephesians

• Andre Breton once said that a portrait should not only be an image but an oracle one questions, and that the photographer's aim should be a profound likeness, which physically and morally predicts the subject's entire future.

• I always said that when it was time to retire, I would know it, and I would just tip my hat to the crowds.

• What the sick need is teachers not treaters, health schools not hospitals, instruction not treatment, education in right living not training the sick habit. Both they and their advisors must get rid of the curing idea and the practices built up thereon.

• One of the great perks of being an actor is you're only as smart as the job you're in, you know, and you're only as informed as the job you're in, and you do become an expert, and you read all the books, but then there's a part of, like, you move on.

• To me it seems that liberty and virtue were made for each other. If any man wish to enslave his country, nothing is a fitter preparative than vice; and nothing leads to vice so surely as irreligion.

• It's always a strange moment when you get up on stage because in a way that's really the fulfilment of what you do, but at the same time when you write from a place that's very personal and quite isolated, at least for me, there's something that almost doesn't feel natural about it.

• The consequences of man-made climate change are real and very significant.

• You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing.

• I could not be more determined and robust about this. I want more children to play cricket and to have the chance to compete. I want them playing on the correct pitches with hard balls and proper headgear.

• Boldness in the course of a noble fight is worth the risk... If you stand on truth, you'll only regret your timidity later, but you'll never regret being bold.