Boiling Water quotes

• A reporter's ability to keep the bond of confidentiality often enables him to learn the hidden or secret aspects of government.

• You could say I'm a character actress. Or maybe a character actress who does peculiar, interesting lead roles. Does that make sense?

• No, while most people have been at their unhappiest when in love, it is nevertheless the state the human being yearns for above all.

• There are two novels that can transform a bookish 14-year-old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish daydream that can lead to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood ...in which large chunks of the day are spent inventing ways to make real life more like a fantasy novel. The other is a book about orcs.

• I've always thought men and women are not too well suited to each other. It's inevitable that they should come together, but, again, how well suited are they to live together in the same house?

• To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.

• Even if the hopes you started out with are dashed, hope has to be maintained.

• Choosing one's leaders is an affirmation that the person making the choice has inherent worth.

• Basically, I want people to feel feelings. It's too easy to go through this world being told to keep our emotions in check, as if they inhibit us in some way or another.

• It's not about how to get started; it's about how to get noticed.