Eggs In One Basket quotes

• So someday in the near future hopefully rather than having a foot or a leg amputated we'll just give you an injection of the cells and restore the blood flow. We've also created entire tubes of red blood cells from scratch in the laboratory. So there are a lot of exciting things in the pipeline.

• For a woman as for a man, marriage might enormously help or devastatingly hinder the growth of her power to contribute something impersonally valuable to the community in which she lived, but it was not that power, and could not be regarded as an end in itself. Nor, even, were children ends in themselves; it was useless to go on producing human beings merely in order that they, in their sequence, might produce others, and never turn from this business of continuous procreation to the accomplishment of some definite and lasting piece of work.

• Radio, which was a much better medium than television will ever be, was easy and pleasant to listen to. Your mind filled automatically with images.

• So I step into the future, as bravely as I'm able, with my heart longing for a time I'll never see again.

• My studio is a laptop. Everybody I work with is the same. We make computer music, we're the laptop generation.

• Mew," the kitten retorted, locking gazes with him. It had the expression common to all kittens, that of a tyrant in the becoming. 'I was comfortable, and you dared to move,' those jade eyes said. 'For that you must die.' When it became apparent to the cat that its two or three pounds of mass were insufficient to break Locke's neck with one mighty snap, it put its paws on his shoulders and began sharing its drool-covered nose with his lips. He recoiled.

• Mythology is much better stuff than history. It has form; logic; a message.

• A leech that will not quit the skin until sated with blood.

• A wife, domestic, good, and pure, Like snail, should keep within her door; But not, like snail, with silver track, Place all her wealth upon her back.

• Whatsoever one would understand what he hears must hasten to put into practice what he has heard.