Underachieving quotes

• And I do think that earlier in my career, I did make a very conscious decision to make sure that I was doing work that wasn't necessarily given to me, and that people didn't necessarily think that I would be able to do.

• I don’t have a mind to mindI only have a heartthat loves and cares

• I don't think the Republicans can damage my character

• Rather than bring peace and harmony, the EU will cause insurgency and violence.

• The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.

• Every animal would rather die themselves than lose their offspring. But it's just genes, isn't it? All of our existence is spent worrying about the next generation, but we don't actually seem to get anywhere.

• A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity.

• Facts and credibility only support persuasion.

• We have to fight them daily, like fleas, those many small worries about the morrow, for they sap our energies. We make mental provisions for the days to come, and everything turns out differently, quite differently. Sufficient unto the day. The things that have to be done must be done, and for the rest we must not allow ourselves to become infested with thousands of petty fears and worries.

• If you don't remember history accurately, how can you learn?