Hudson River quotes

• My chosen drink would be a Southern Comfort, lime and lemonade, a dry martini or a good red wine.

• Like I said, some people think it’s weird that my best friend is a girl. Sometimes I think it’s weird, too. Mostly people assume that we’re boyfriend and girlfriend, which I guess we could be. But that just seems too teen-movie, if you know what I mean. A boy and girl are best friends, neither of them dates anyone else, and then one night they look at each other and—bang—they realize they’ve been in love with each other the whole time. Everyone’s happy and they go to the big dance together.

• Although when Christianity appeared the total population of the planet was only a fraction of that of the twentieth century, most of the earth's surface was quite outside the Mediterranean world, Persia, India, and China.

• I like New York. There are similarities with London that make it feel rather like home, but at the same time it's slightly fictional.

• Maybe women get to a certain age and they no longer have a filter; they're considered crazy people or something.

• If you want to be a photographer, first leave home

• In my experience, staying in a marriage that my ex and I both agreed had all its best moments behind it was epically depressing.

• It's amazing what sleep does for your looks.

• It was lovely to see cynicism in one so young. It positively restored his faith in human nature.

• I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.