Optics quotes

• In fiber optics, the cable is a light pipe or waveguide, into which you inject light. If a finger presses on the pipe, it disrupts that light within the waveguide.
    -- Jefferson Han

#Light #Optics #Fiber

• But optics sharp it needs, I ween, To see what is not to be seen.
    -- John Trumbull

#Needs #Optics

• Beauty is a question of optics. All sight is illusion.
    -- Joyce Carol Oates

#Sight #Optics #Illusion

• In our judgment of human transactions, the law of optics is reversed, we see most dimly the objects which are close around us.
    -- Richard Whately

#Law #Optics #Judgment

• The camera introduces us to unconscious optics as does psychoanalysis to unconscious impulses.
    -- Walter Benjamin

#Photography #Doe #Optics

• Law, in its most general and comprehensive sense, signifies a rule of action; and is applied indiscriminately to all kinds of action, whether animate, or inanimate, rational or irrational. Thus we say, the laws of motion, of gravitation, of optics, or mechanics, as well as the laws of nature and of nations. And it is that rule of action, which is prescribed by some superior, and which the inferior is bound to obey.
    -- William Blackstone

#Law #Optics #Action

• God's careful instructions for building the tabernacle in Exodus 31 remind us that his perfection sets the standard for whatever we create in his name. Whatever we happen to make-not only in the visual arts, but in all the arts-we should make it as well as we can, offering God our very best.

• I'm just used to leaving and being like, "I feel like I wasted their time and I definitely wasted my own time." I often leave auditions thinking that that person is now permanently mad at me.

• I think it's interesting because the 1990s ended with the government pretty much giving up. There was a recognition that encryption was important. In 2000, the government considerably loosened the export controls on encryption technology and really went about actively encouraging the use of encryption rather than discouraging it.

• You sell more when you stop selling.

• On some planet, I probably could have been a lawyer. On some planet, I could have been somebody in advertising.

• Sixty slutz all of them dying from asphyxia/after they sip piss through a Christopher Reeves sippie cup

• Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn't mean chase after somebody who's turned their back.

• In the arts there are many right answers.

• Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain.

• I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified.