Ordinary Life quotes

• The internet, Facebook and Twitter have created mass communications and social spaces that regimes cannot control.

• I know it's not the most important thing for me to win the most Grand Slams and be remembered in this world. I certainly don't have to win little tournaments here, there and everywhere, I don't have to win at all. Although I do want to.

• I believe it will only be known on the last day how much has been accomplished in overseas missions by the prayers of earnest believers at home.

• This state of mind, which subordinates the interests of the ego to the conservation of the community, is really the first premise for every truly human culture... The basic attitude from which such activity arises, we call-to distinguish it from egoism and selfishness-idealism. By this we understand only the individual's capacity to make sacrifices for the community, for his fellow men.

• I knew it was going to be enormous because of the number of people who bought the books, but, to be honest, I never thought it would be bigger than Bond. Never in a million years.

• Language doesn't belong to grammarians, linguists, wordsmiths, writers, or editors. It belongs to the people who use it. It goes where people want it to go, and, like a balky mule, you can't make it go where it doesn't want to go.

• If I could play any superhero, I'd probably want to play Wonder Woman. She's pretty awesome.

• Coming out as gay was an easy enough matter for me, since I worked in a profession where being gay had a long history of being accepted.

• The hurt affects your ability to go forward.

• Maine election law specifies that anyone who is qualified to access the voter file must keep it confidential. And that is directory language. Making the list available is discretionary under the law.