Eleanor quotes

• There was no doubt now in Ender's mind. There was no help for him. Whatever he faced, now and forever, no on ewould save him from it. Peter might be scum, but Peter had been right, always right; the power to cause pain is the only power that matters, the power to kill and destroy, because if you can't kill then you are always subject to those who can, and nothing and no one will ever save you.

• High school sucked. It was a universal truth, and whoever said these were supposed to be the best years of your life was probably drunk or delusional.

• People who talk of outlawing the atomic bomb are mistaken - what needs to be outlawed is war.

• We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.

• It would be hard to find a more compelling example of the American dream than Alberto Gonzales.

• That's the beauty of starting lines: Until you begin a new venture, you never know what awaits you.

• I was a total fashion insider who became an outsider when I did bridal.

• What is a fish without a river? What is a bird without a tree to nest in? What is an Endangered Species Act without any enforcement mechanism to ensure their habitat is protected? It is nothing.

• Secretary Clinton has dramatically changed the face of U.S. foreign policy globally for the good. But I wish she had been unleashed more by the White House.

• I think that there's a difference between getting your heart broken and getting let down.