High Expectations quotes

• To arrive where you are, to get from where you are not / You must go by a way wherein there is no ecstasy.

• We are never so much disposed to quarrel with others as when we are dissatisfied with ourselves.

• Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.

• I believe art has to take responsibility but it should not give up being art.

• Composers need words, but they do not necessarily need poetry. The Russian composer, Aleksandr Mossolov, who chose texts from newspaper small ads, had a good point to make. With revolutionary music, any text can be set to work.

• In terms of melody, I am really into great 90's melodies. I feel like there was a great focus on melody in the 90's, like 90's pop-hooks and 90's R&B hooks; I just love them.

• It's interesting to note that all revolutionary literature was written by pastors. These guys were involved in a revolution against the mightiest power that the world had ever seen.

• It used to be in the Senate that if you were filibustering, you stood up. There was a physical dimension to it, that you - when you became exhausted you would have to leave the floor. That was the idea of the filibuster.

• In prayer the soul comes nearest the experience of absolute love: in belief it ascends by means of symbols towards absolute truth.

• Everybody likes a compliment.