Kill A Mockingbird quotes

• Careers are funny things. They begin mysteriously and, just as mysteriously, they can end.

• I had a hat. It was not all a hat,-Part of the brim was gone:Yet still I wore it on.

• As a teen, I had no idea what the self was. Changing skin like a chameleon came naturally to me, but the self felt like a plastic chair in an airport where I'd have to sit and wait for the next radical character to define who I'd be that season. Acting grabbed me by the gut.

• I spent many years working for voting rights, but we still see sophisticated efforts, led by white officials, to disenfranchise black voters in local and national elections.

• I want my reputation to be judged on how I tackle the problem of ice if I'm elected as the member for Canning.

• You play Bach your way, and I’ll play him his way.

• If you see everything through hovercams and feed stories, you wind up blind to what's right in front of you.

• And by anarchist spirit I mean that deeply human sentiment, which aims at the good of all, freedom and justice for all, solidarity and love among the people; which is not an exclusive characteristic only of self-declared anarchists, but inspires all people who have a generous heart and an open mind...

• You know, for every dollar a man makes a woman makes 63 cents. Now, fifty years ago that was 62 cents. So, with that kind of luck, it’ll be the year 3,888 before we make a buck.

• If I'm being forced to do something I don't want to do, my real self comes out. But whether or not I'm aware of it, no matter what happens, I'm always going to have a fake self and I'm not going to judge my fake self.