Ordinariness quotes

• The more a human creature has tasted of bitter things the more it hungers after the sweet things of life.

• Creativity is good and whatever. But if the children don't know how to read, I don't care how creative you are. You're not doing your job.

• Israel... is one of the great outpost of democracy in the world

• It's an unnecessary burden to try to think of words and also worry at the same time whether they're the right words.

• Media organizations are global. They may be based in the U.S., but they're essentially global.

• Love is just a word, but you bring it definition.

• I approach writing stories as a recorder. I think of my role as some kind of reporting device - recording and projecting.

• Sometimes in life you have an appointment with destiny, and sometimes you just have to get destiny to squeeze you in.

• Most people think visual information is more important than aural information - like, what's this big deal about sound? And why should I bother to listen, rather than look? And here are the facts: there are blind species, in the backs of the caves, the bottoms of the oceans. It's not essential on planet Earth to be able to see, to be a species. But there are no deaf animal species. You have to be able to hear, or you won't get the information you need in order to survive.

• Unkind criticism is never part of a meaningful critique of you. Its purpose is not to teach or to help, its purpose is to punish.