Keynes quotes

• There is an unearthly, mystical element in Friedman's thought. The mere existence of a stock of money somehow promotes expenditure. But insofar as he offers an intelligible theory, it is made up of elements borrowed from Keynes.
    -- Joan Robinson

#Elements #Keynes #Made

• Keynes, far from being a wholehearted lover of freedom, viewed with some sympathy the fascist and Communist ‘experiments’ of the 1930s.
    -- Ralph Raico

#Lovers #Communist #Keynes

• I've never killed anybody... but I've definitely thought about it.

• ...remember and think about the closeness of the Creator. If you live in this wisdom, it will give you endless strength and hope.

• If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)

• When people come to you with problems or challenges, don't automatically solve them. As a mama bear, you want to take care of your cubs, so you tend to be protective and insulate them against all those things. But if you keep solving problems for your people, they don't learn how to actually solve problems for themselves, and it doesn't scale. Make sure that when people come in with challenges and problems, the first thing you're doing is actually putting it back to them and saying: "What do you think we should do about it? How do you think we should approach this?".

• I don't think tennis is a glamour game, not at all.

• Do not give alms promiscuously. Select the unworthy poor and make them happy. To give to the deserving is a duty, but to help the improvident, drinking class is clear generosity, so that the donor has a right to be warmed by a selfish pride and count on a most flattering obituary.

• Each time I think I’ve reached a limit....there is a door....it opens....and the limit is gone.

• Singing is like going to a party at someone else's house. Acting is like having the party at your house.

• The day will come when the man at the telephone will be able to see the distant person to whom he is speaking.

• Overcoming sin, blessed though it surely is, is but the bare minimum of a believers experience. There is nothing astonishing in it. Not to overcome sin is what ought to astonish us.