Vapour quotes

• Whatever is destroyed, the act of destruction does not vary much. Beauty if vapour from the pit of death.
    -- J. A. Baker

#Doe #Pits #Vapour

• The reason it's worth standing up for punctuation is not that it's an arbitrary system of notation known only to an over-sensitive elite who have attacks of the vapours when they see it misapplied. The reason to stand up for punctuation is that without it there is no reliable way of communicating meaning.
    -- Lynne Truss

#Way #Arbitrary #Vapour

• The rotation of the polarization plane is extraordinarily small in all gases, thus also in sodium vapour.
    -- Pieter Zeeman

#Sodium #Vapour #Rotation

• Changes in clouds and rainfall can overwhelm what little effect CO2-water vapour has on temperature.
    -- Willie Soon

#Clouds #Water #Vapour

• There is some CO2-water vapor feedback. But it's not operating on a global scale. The modellers cannot accurately separate water vapour from the effects of clouds and rainfall.
    -- Willie Soon

#Clouds #Water #Vapour

• The most effective check and balance on government has been an independent press which maintains its credibility by ensuring that its criticism is balanced and based on fact - based indeed on solid journalistic work.

• I should say I am far more cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It's only a doll house after all. Anyway, I don't mind. I like dolls. Particularly the live ones.

• The hard part about writing a novel is finishing it.

• If for no other reason, personal pride should prompt every governor and state legislator to take a secessionist attitude; they were not elected to be lackeys of the federal bureaucracy.

• What the Pope thinks of being gay does not matter to the world. It matters to the people who like the Pope and follow the Pope... It is not a reflection of all religious people.

• Knowledge above the average can be crammed into the average man, but it remains dead, and in the last analysis sterile knowledge. The result is a man who may be a living dictionary but nevertheless falls down miserably in all special situations and decisive moments in life.

• The important things that in a campaign we talk about, let us not forget that once the election is over.

• God is found in the collection of Many. . . rather than in the One.

• It is vain to trust in wrong; it is like erecting a building upon a frail foundation, and which will directly be sure to topple over.

• I've found acting on stage much more challenging than on screen.