Etching quotes

• My aim is increasingly to make my photographs look so much like photographs [rather than paintings, etchings, etc.] that unless one has eyes and sees, they won't be seen - and still everyone will never forget having once looked at them.
    -- Alfred Stieglitz

#Eye #Etching #Looks

• Etching is a beautiful medium. The result is rich, subtle tones achieved in no other way.
    -- Jay Moore

#Beautiful #Etching #Way

• I live in a small world of gouache and brush and pen and ink. I'd like to explore the world of multiples - etching and prints.
    -- Maira Kalman

#Ink #Etching #World

• Your thoughts construct patterns like scaffolding in your mind. You are really etching chemical patterns. In most cases, people get stuck in those patterns, just like grooves in a record, and they never get out of them.
    -- Steve Jobs

#People #Mind #Etching

• It seems to me the charm of etching is the glimmering through of the white paper even in the shadows so that almost everything sparkles or suggest sparkles.
    -- Samuel Palmer

#White #Shadow #Etching

• It should not surprise us that there must be other civilizations in our galaxy and throughout the entire universe.

• If timing ain't everything, it's damn close

• If you woke up each morning, and immediately dwelt on your ills, what sort of a day could you look forward to?

• That ability to see the right choice, but not until several hours have passed since making the wrong one? That's what makes a person a dumbass, folks.

• I was photographing every meal I ate, every person I met, every waiter or waitress who served me, every bed I slept in, every toilet I used.

• I sometimes think we must be all mad and that we shall wake to sanity in strait-waistcoats.

• You should never, ever apologize for anything that makes you happy.

• If everybody would agree that their current reality is A reality, and that what we essentially share is our capacity for constructing a reality, then perhaps we could all agree on a meta-agreement for computing a reality that would mean survival and dignity for everyone on the planet, rather than each group being sold on a particular way of doing things.

• The morning time is also a time when I look at what I did yesterday. That's often a jumping-off point for today.

• The strongest inpression remaining with me after watching the wolves...was their friendliness towards each other.