Salsa quotes

• And Garrison Keillor I think is a fascinating guy and really entertaining.

• God made (human beings) because he loves stories.

• This gives the agents of the gods a powerful area of support. All they need to do is to remind their followers constantly of their mortality and to convince them that the afterlife itself is under the personal management of the particular gods they are promoting. The self-protective urges of their worshippers will do the rest.

• My aspirations and dreams keep evolving. I think dreams evolve and I want to become a better songwriter. I want to do more collaboration within my genre and I want to continue to make records. I want to just keep getting stronger as a musician and make movies.

• To be world champion brings fame. The fame brings good things and bad things too. I try to take the good with calmness.

• There does exist and has existed for a generation, an international Anglophile network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical Right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups, and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for 20 years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960s, to examine its papers and secret record.

• Oddly enough, I'm not a particularly judgmental person. I just don't have a lot of filtering when I'm in 'tiger mother' mode. I say what comes into my head.

• Instead of seeing all of this as God's extraordinary grace, we come to expect the comfort and joys that God gives us as the baseline, the measure of what we believe to be our due. When our comfort level drops below our expectations, we are shocked and angered, and even foolishly express our outrage to God Himself.

• I don't love it. I write better than I used to write, I think better than I used to think, and I've got enough experience to balance things up. But I don't like the physical side of getting older and I don't like forgetting things. If I had a choice, I'd take Peter Pan pills and stay young forever.

• A war is never undertaken by the ideal State, except in defense of its honor or its safety.