Bad Friend quotes

• I travel 250 days a year. There are chef friends who I only see every couple of years. By conventional standards I'm a bad friend. I'm not there to remember your birthday or to offer you words of support through Twitter. I'm not up on what you're doing in New York because I'm not in New York. I'm not what people call in parenting circles "present."
    -- Anthony Bourdain

#New York #Couple #Bad Friend

• False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade.
    -- Christian Nestell Bovee

#Friendship #Sunshine #Bad Friend

• But as you age, you lose other, even more important things, like friends-hopefully only bad friends, who maybe weren't as good for you as you once thought. With luck, you'll be able to hang on to your true friends, the ones who were always there for you....even when you thought they weren't. Because friends like that are more precious then all the tiaras in the world
    -- Meg Cabot

#True Friend #Bad Friend #Luck

• A good friend and a bad friend are like a perfume-seller and a blacksmith: The perfume-seller might give you some perfume as a gift, or you might buy some from him, or at least you might smell its fragrance. As for the blacksmith, he might singe your clothes, and at the very least you will breathe in the fumes of the furnace.
    -- Muhammad

#Good Friend #Bad Friend #Smell

• Bad friends could ruin your whole life. Be wise when it comes to choosing your friends. You set the standard. You be the one who stands strong. Don't be a follower.
    -- Robin Jones Gunn

#Wise #Strong #Bad Friend

• No good friends, no bad friends; only people you want, need to be with. People who build their houses in your heart.
    -- Stephen King

#Fake People #Heart #Bad Friend

• We get through life and this is part of the education process also. In real life, we meet bad bosses and good bosses and good friends and bad friends. I think we should let the teachers do their work and not impose too much stuff on them.
    -- Philippe Falardeau

#Teacher #Real #Bad Friend

• After years of doing it, you learn the difference between your ego and your opinion. When you're married you have to cut through that.

• Nature is doing her best each moment to make us well. She exists for no other end. Do not resist. With the least inclination to be well, we should not be sick.

• Why was it that cheering expressions were invariably so infuriating?

• I want babies too," he said huskily. "Daughters as beautiful as you are.

• There IS more criticism of puritanism, and more distance from Christian morality, than there has been before.

• My view is that Washington and the regulators are there to serve the banks.

• Hollywood - that's a place where love is viewed both pragmatically and philosophically in the saying, 'Tis better to have loved and divorced than never to have had any publicity at all.

• Research has shown that it takes 31 days of conscious effort to make or break a habit. That means, if one practices something consistently for 31 days, on the 32nd day it does become a habit. Information has been internalised into behavioural change, which is called transformation.

• The most important thing for a judge is - curiously enough - judgment.

• I'm not just considered a former child star. I'm not considered a black actress. I'm not considered an actress. I've done roles that were written for men. First and foremost, is God, I definitely believe in Him, having kind of mapped out what my destiny was going to be. Therefore, I wasn't just going to be put in just that one box or kept in that one place.