Forethought quotes

• I don't try to be satirical. I just try to get what's in my head on the page. And that part is hard for me to do. It takes a long, long time to make it poetic, somewhat essayistic.

• Growing up in a violent home is a terrifying and traumatic experience that can affect every aspect of a child's life, growth, and development.

• I like to look at the songs like they're little movies.

• I don't want to act just to be on the screen doing anything and looking any kind of way.

• If feminism wasn't powerful, if feminism wasn't influential, people wouldn't spend so much time putting it down.

• Men want girls. Most men want little girls. They want them in film. They want to look at them. That's all they want. An evolved man is not going to look that way.

• Don't waste your time lookin' over your shoulder; those loves from the past ain't getting' no closer. When I look in my future, you're all I can see, so honey, don't go lovin' on nobody but me.

• The appropriate length of a name is inversely proportional to the size of its scope.

• If you're a leader, you don't push wet spaghetti, you pull it.

• I'm Christian. Growing up in Ethiopia, it's half-Christian and half-Muslim. You grow up with Muslim kids. I'm very much aware of their religion.