Heirlooms quotes

• Music's only purpose should be for the glory of God and the recreation of the human spirit.

• I'm too vain, one of my biggest sins, but it saved me; I can see what excess does.

• We are all so broken. Pick up a person, shake them around and you'll hear the rattling of their broken pieces. Pieces our fathers broke, or our mothers, or our friends, strangers, or our loves.

• My job is not to try to give readers what they want but to try to make readers want what I give.

• Anarchy loves theatre. That's the whole point. People forget that. You have to laugh at the devil, not fight him. They'll always have more guns, they'll always have more bombs that go off with a bigger bang. No matter how revolting you become they'll always be willing to be more revolting to you. They've had so much more practice.

• The thing that makes you exceptional, if you are at all, is inevitably that which must also make you lonely.

• Ninety-nine percent of everyday things are things we don't need - that goes for regular visits to the hairdresser just as it does for clothing. What would it mean if we all consumed 20 percent less? It would be catastrophic. It would mean 20 percent less jobs, 20 percent less taxes, 20 percent less money for schools, doctors, roads. The global economy would collapse.

• Antarctica has this mythic weight. It resides in the collective unconscious of so many people, and it makes this huge impact, just like outer space. It's like going to the moon.

• For the truth is that men do not desire to be the Common Man any more than they are the Common Man. They need greatness in others and the occasion to discover the greatness in themselves.

• Angel exists; and I believe in angels but I'm not an angel; no one can be an angel; just we can be straight.