Hijacking quotes

• The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion. However valuable-even necessary-that may have been in enforcing good behavior on primitive peoples, their association is now counterproductive. Yet at the very moment when they should be decoupled, sanctimonious nitwits are calling for a return to morals based on superstition.
    -- Arthur C. Clarke

#Tragedy #Calling #Hijacking

• The Spy Act prohibits keystroke logging, hijacking, and phishing.
    -- Cliff Stearns

#Spy #Hijacking #Logging

• Louis Freeh said on national TV that actionable intelligence could have allowed us to stop the hijackings.
    -- Curt Weldon

#Hijacking #Tvs #Said

• An Internet meme is a hijacking of the original idea. Instead of mutating by random change and spreading by a form of Darwinian selection, Internet memes are altered deliberately by human creativity. There is no attempt at accuracy of copying, as with genes - and as with memes in their original version.
    -- Richard Dawkins

#Creativity #Ideas #Hijacking

• When you zap things with light to build quantum computers, you're hacking existing systems. You're hijacking the computation that's already happening in the universe, just like a hacker takes over someone else's computer.
    -- Seth Lloyd

#Light #Hijacking #Hacking

• We couldn't build quantum computers unless the universe were quantum and computing. We can build such machines because the universe is storing and processing information in the quantum realm. When we build quantum computers, we're hijacking that underlying computation in order to make it do things we want: little and/or/not calculations. We're hacking into the universe.
    -- Seth Lloyd

#Order #Machines #Hijacking

• I never lifted a weight in my life. Why am I going to do steroids? That's not going to do me any good. We didn't have any weights in our clubhouse. We had one exercise bike and that was for the guy who tweaked his hamstring. And that thing didn't even work half the time.

• I realise there's something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they're experts at letting things go.

• ... being a feminist means that you believe in civil rights and social justice.

• The writing of poetry is a chancy business, it's currency solitude and loss, its tools coffee and too much wine, its hours midnight, dawn, and dusk, and unlike other trade the hours asleep are not time off.

• The paradox in China is that while some things change very rapidly, others don't. The appearance of its cities may be entirely different, but the inner workings behind these changes still persist: the regulation of society, the hierarchies of power, the relationship of the individual to the majority.

• Hysteria means the same thing with either laughter or tears.

• I've never lived in a building without my name on it.

• Glory is a scandal. Let me state once & for all: I do not wish to be civilized.

• Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.

• So we are not doing the traditional album, tour, album, tour, album, tour anymore. We're going to tour when we want to, regardless of whether we've got a record out.