Uninterested quotes

• You only live once, so I try to say yes to everything.

• Murrow covered something because it needed coverage. He wasn't trying to get an audience just for the sake of it.

• He lowered the window, and looked out at the rising sun. There was a ridge of ploughed land, with a plough upon it where it had been left last night when the horses were unyoked; beyond, a quiet coppice-wood, in which many leaves of burning red and golden yellow still remained upon the trees. Though the earth was cold and wet, the sky was clear, and the sun rose bright, placid, and beautiful.

• You know, the Philistines have long since discarded the rack and stake as a means of suppressing the opinions they feared: they've discovered a much more deadly weapon of destruction -- the wisecrack.

• Retirement: statutory senility.

• Well, I haven't been doing that much work with other people per se. I started doing more of that.

• The environmental crisis is somber evidence of an insidious fraud hidden in the vaunted productivity and wealth of modern, technology-based society. This wealth has been gained by rapid short-term exploitation of the environmental system, but it has blindly accumulated a debt to nature-a debt so large and so pervasive that in the next generation it may, if unpaid, wipe out most of the wealth it has gained us.

• Reforming the social structures which perpetuate poverty and the exclusion of the poor first requires a conversion of mind and heart.

• Go forth into the busy world and love it. Interest yourself in its life, mingle kindly with its joys and sorrows.

• The world of politics is divided between people who are introverts - who lose a little bit of energy out of each interaction they have so that by the time the day ends, after 1,000 interactions, they're exhausted - and people like Bill Clinton who are extroverted - who get a little bit of energy from each interaction.