Only In America quotes

• My writing style is very sensual, as in sensory detail

• The draft is a crapshoot, so I've been very fortunate to be drafted by the Yankees, and to have spent my whole career here.

• A person with a poor mind set is always afraid to take risk.

• The time is now. Now we can market in real time. Now we can market instantly.

• I am a former sabre fencer and fenced as part of the Uzbek republic team.

• I have what I like to call a 'chinneck.' My chin just flows rather easily into my neck.

• There has always been quite a strong black and white art tradition in Australia, with quite a large contingent of cartoonists, given the size of the population.

• I'm a sort of nuts-and-bolts guy. I'm into turning wrenches and swinging a hammer and wrenching on cars.

• What do you conceive God to be like? Some would say to believe at all in a personal God requires a giant leap of faith - but I am convinced that belief in God is a far more reasonable position than atheism. Nature, the personal experience of literally billions of people, and something innate in the heart of man all testify to the existence of God.

• I began to think vodka was my drink at last. It didn’t taste like anything, but it went straight down into my stomach like a sword swallowers’ sword and made me feel powerful and godlike.