Vignettes quotes

• If people are really narcissistic or have a need to be seen as more than they really are, or to be admired as having it all together, then they cannot be followed and trusted by others.

• The garden has taught me to live, to appreciate the times when things are fallow and when they're not.

• I think there are probably too many asset management companies in the world, and I think the place to be is either big or small. The area where it is probably more difficult to be is in the middle ground, where you've got that cost of regulation, you've got the cost of buying your own research, you've got all the costs of running an asset management company without the benefits of a big income producing asset.

• Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied.

• True love is actually very hard to understand... Everybody is looking for love, everybody is fighting for love... But because they can't bear to say it outloud, they express it through songs

• As good as chocolate tastes, it sounds that good.

• I don't really remember my folks singing to us, but they read to us.

• Friendships that have stood the test of time and change are surely best.

• One-dimensional thought is systematically promoted by the makers of politics and their purveyors of mass information. Their universe of discourse is populated by self-validating hypotheses which, incessantly and monopolistically repeated, become hyponotic definitions of dictations.

• If you want to create a masterpiece, you must always avoid beautiful lies.