Tobacco quotes

• We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words.

• The only people who have the long view are some scientists and some science fiction writers.

• You really need to stop Googling yourself and start being an artist.

• Knives are like credit cards; don't leave home without 'em and always carry several

• Judy Garland's father was gay. That seems to be the consensus. They left Minnesota and went to California because he got caught with some boy backstage.

• The key to maturity is time and community. Discernment and godly wisdom develop in a community that spans generations. The church is called to be this place where the [God's] Spirit uses normal patterns and rhythms of the Christian life in a community, so that we may bear fruit like a well-watered tree. Despite common appearances, the church is the place where God's new creation is coming into existence and being sustained by the Spirit like a great vineyard.

• Disapproving and boycotting is the Quranic thing to do, whereas violence and threats are not.

• I happen to dig being able to use whatever mystique I have to further the idea of peace.

• I am not proud, but I am happy; and happiness blinds, I think, more than pride.

• I don’t believe in objectivity, but I do believe deeply in fairness.