Every Girl quotes

• Television is more interesting than people. If it were not we should have people standing in the corner of our room.

• Television has done much for psychiatry by spreading information about it, as well as contributing to the need for it.

• If you've got a desire to achieve something, then keep going until you achieve it. It's not always possible and things might change - circumstances may change or adversity or obstacles may come your way - but keep trying. I feel that I've tried to do that in my life and it's something that I've tried to pass on to my children as well.

• A person isn't born with the intelligence to be with someone especial, you learn it, and you fail in the path of life, but you don't have to give up the chance to love.

• One develops an instinct for letting silence do the heavy lifting. In the three, four, five seconds that passed without either of us speaking, the many ways the conversation could go came and went like time-lapse film of flowers blooming and dying.

• I love my cigar too, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while.

• Values heavily influence the practice of health habits. For example, exercise for women may be considered desirable in one culture but undesirable in another.(Donovan, Jessor, Costa, 1991) As a result, patterns among women will differe greatly between two cultures.

• I write books that way - I put a first line down and say, "Where does this go?"

• It's a tremendous way of getting people to buy more at lower cost to the producer. There's no question that that's an incentive to buy. Everybody loves a bargain.

• Performance-enhancing drugs are an illusion. I wish I had never gotten involved with steroids. It was wrong. It was stupid.