Edification quotes

• I feel like in my life, when I've gone through during some traumatic things, I go so inward and I shut the world out and I become - I don't want to use the word selfish because it's hard circumstances, but when I go through hard stuff, it's difficult for me to communicate with other people, let alone stand up for other people's rights.

• When the last dime is gone, I'll sit on the curb outside with a pencil and a ten cent notebook and start the whole thing over again.

• There are no quick wins in business - it takes years to become an overnight success.

• I have the opportunity to control what happens in a game. I'll have the ball in my hand, and only I know what I'm going to do with it.

• Stories are living and dynamic. Stories exist to be exchanged. They are the currency of Human Growth.

• So (if) some cracker come and tell you 'Well, my mother and father blood go back to the Mayflower,' you better hold your pocket. That ain't nothing to be proud of. That means their forefathers was crooks.

• If I'm working, I'm not D.J.'ing. And if I'm not working, I'm D.J.'ing all the time.

• ...but sometimes we have to make the best of things, and the way we conduct ourselves when the chips are down...

• The neo-hippie-dips, the sentimentality-crazed iguana anthropomorphizers, the Chicken Littles, the three-bong-hit William Blakes- thank God these people don't actually go outdoors much, or the environment would be even worse than it is already.

• We are strangely biased, as individuals and media institutions, to focus on big sudden changes, whether good or bad - amazing breakthroughs, such as a new gadget that gets released, or catastrophic failures, like a plane crash.