Buoys quotes

• I was standing on the deck of the USS Blue, a destroyer. We were all alone out there at this buoy, tied up.
    -- Barney Ross

#Blue #Buoys #Standing Alone

• I have always thought that librarians are a little bit like doctors, travel agents and professors all rolled into one. We all know that a great story can lift spirits, take you anywhere in the world you want to go and in any time period to boot, and the lessons you learn from a good book can buoy your own convictions and even change your life.
    -- Dorothea Benton Frank

#Book #Doctors #Buoys

• Feeling is deep and still; and the word that floats on the surface Is as the tossing buoy, that betrays where the anchor is hidden.
    -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

#Anchors #Feelings #Buoys

• Chicago's buoy was a couple of hundred yards astern of Arizona, and I was saddened to look at her.
    -- Jack Adams

#Couple #Arizona #Buoys

• There is no better way to quickly buoy hard-pressed homeowners than helping them take advantage of the currently record low fixed mortgage rates and significantly reduce their monthly mortgage payments.
    -- Mark Zandi

#Records #Way #Buoys

• I love narcissists-even more than they love themselves. You don't have to buoy them up. They are their own razzle-dazzle show and you are the blessed, favored with a front-row seat.
    -- Patricia Marx

#Blessed #Dazzle #Buoys

• The ground swell is what's going to sink you as well as being what buoys you up. These are cliches also, of course, and I'm sometimes interested in how much one can get away with
    -- Paul Muldoon

#Buoys #Sometimes #Cliche

• Economists don't usually make good speculators, because they think too much.

• I try to live my life one day at a time, and if I look too far in advance, I get really stressed.

• Maybe my fairy tale has a different ending than I dreamed it would. But that's OK.

• During this period the Lord has allowed us to be tested beyond our strength; often 'pressed out of measure, above strength...that we should not trust in ourselves.' Our faith has grown with the work, and we have proved over and over again that all the testings have been for the purpose of strengthening it.

• I guess you're not gonna be happy til' it's for real. Four year old kids, doing drive-bys on Big Wheels.

• I never write a book unless I can't help it. Something has to bother me, like a mosquito, until I have to do something to relieve the itch.

• Our strengths are our tools, our personal reality. Our weaknesses are only what we are not.

• If history in the making be a fluid thing, it swiftly crystallizes.

• Without adventure civilization is in full decay.

• I like to do everything you can possibly do before you go into rehearsal, because once we are in rehearsal or on the stage there will be a problem I didn't anticipate. It's really good to think we got it all nailed - of course you've never got it all nailed.