Unlocking quotes

• Seth hustled over. “What’s the password?” “Passwords are for sissies,” Warren’s muffled voice responded. “Works for me,” Seth said, unlocking the door and opening it.
    -- Brandon Mull

#Doors #Voice #Unlocking

• Poems reveal secrets when they are analyzed. The poet's pleasure in finding ingenious ways to enclose her secrets should be matched by the reader's pleasure in unlocking and revealing these secrets.
    -- Diane Wakoski

#Secret #Way #Unlocking

• What a woman does is open doors. And it is not a question of locking or unlocking.
    -- Joanna Newsom

#Doors #Doe #Unlocking

• The only people who can fix Africa are talented young Africans. By unlocking and nurturing their creative potential, we can create a step change in Africa's future.
    -- Neil Turok

#People #Creative #Unlocking

• It is, I think, particularly in periods of acknowledged crisis that scientists have turned to philosophical analysis as a device for unlocking the riddles of their field. Scientists have not generally needed or wanted to be philosophers.
    -- Thomas Kuhn

#Philosophical #Thinking #Unlocking

• Pop music can get inside us and enter our memory bubbles. It provides those true Proustian moments, unlocking sensations, unlocking our imaginations. Music inspired me as a filmmaker.
    -- Todd Haynes

#Memories #Imagination #Unlocking

• Questions provide the key to unlocking our unlimited potential.
    -- Tony Robbins

#Keys #Unlocking #Unlimited

• Photography, too, reduces the world to strips and rectangles; photographers scrutinize the surfaces of reality in hope of unlocking the potential for significance that is latent within them.
    -- Frank Gohlke

#Photography #Reality #Unlocking

• Your subconscious is always working in the background, unlocking things and solving problems.
    -- Marc Guggenheim

#Unlocking #Problem #Always Working

• Me and my brother, Illa Noyz. We was smoking weed. A ton of weed. I had a friend who at the time sold weed, and it was just there. And we just smoke and smoke. I think we had about... and remember, this is back in the day, this might have been when niggas were still smoking White Owls.

• From pitch perspective, the more you wear your idea, the more it fits you and your comfortable with it, the easier it is for somebody like me to say tell me more.

• It's whatever sells; it's the business of it.

• Only he [Gordon Gekko] is a lot smarter than [Donald] Trump.

• We've switched from a culture that was interested in manufacturing, economics, politics - trying to play a serious part in the world - to a culture that's really entertainment-based.

• In my very first Wrestlemania match, I won. 17 wins from tying the Undertaker. Don't laugh.

• There is a nick in Fortune's restless wheel For each man's good.

• I've noticed that the more adventurous and in that mode that I am, it seems that the more the audience really likes it.

• Enjoy the journey as much as the destination.

• If you don't feel strong desires for the manifestation of the glory of God, it is not because you have drunk deeply and are satisfied. It is because you have nibbled so long at the table of the world. Your soul is stuffed with small things, and there is no room for the great.