Humdrum quotes

• To me, wholeness is the key to aliveness. It is more than just physical vitality, it is radiance, coming from being at one with yourself and your experience. Life then flows through you.

• happy people have got something to give to the world.

• Then I dropped my forehead against his and sat there for a long time, as if I could telegraph a message through our two skulls, from my brain to his. I wanted to make him understand some things. You know all that stuff we’ve always said about you?” I whispered. “What a total pain you are? Don’t believe it. Don’t believe it for a minute, Marley.” He needed to know that, and something more, too. There was something I had never told him, that no one ever had. I wanted him to hear it before he went. Marley,” I said. “You are a great dog.

• Stay focused when you're playing alive, so you're not distracted by something going on.

• It is the around-the-corner brand of hope that prompts people to action, while the distant hope acts as an opiate.

• Love is when you have the opportunity of turning someone's feelings or trust or vulnerability against them, but you don't. You make promises you don't want to keep, but you keep them because they're right; you help people who can't help you back. [...] Love is when you find something so great, sonecessary, that it becomes more important to you than your own goals, than your own life - not because your life has no meaning without it, but because it gives your life a meaning it never had before.

• If it were left to us, we would all fall away from the faith and perish.

• I was an English-literature major, and that's all about stories and narratives.

• Freedom is not from the outside. It's of the inside.

• It is something, I thought, when a king can put a courtesan to the blush.