Family Dinner quotes

• Work hard or don't work at all.

• A small step in a good direction.

• World series attitude, champagne bottle life, nothing ever changes so tonight is like tomorrow night.

• People go through three conversions: The conversion of their head, their heart, and their pocketbook. Unfortunately, not all at the same time.

• To be a light to others you will need a good dose of the spiritual life. Because as my mother used to say, if you are in a good place, then you can help others; but if you're not well, then go look for somebody who is in a good place who can help you.

• Kisses should not leave you satisfied.

• The way I work with my cinematographer is not based on general principles, but the ideas are triggered by the locations where we shoot.

• All you have to do is pick up a baseball. It begs to you: throw me. If you took a year to design an object to hurl, you'd end up with that little spheroid small enough to nestle in your fingers but big enough to have some heft, lighter than a rock but heavier than a hunk of wood. Its even, neat stitching, laced into the leather's slippery white surface, gives your fingers a purchase. A baseball was made to throw. It's almost irresistible.

• Most obviously it [Doctor Strange] will introduce a new character who will be in play in the universe, but once you have gotten an audience to buy into a new concept then it's fun to keep, to play-off, or spin-off that concept down the line.

• When you start to realize life isn't fair, what do you do: curl up and die or fight every second of the way?